Surgeons at QVS provide a range of soft tissue, oncologic and orthopaedic procedures, working closely with other specialists to ensure we provide the best patient care. Utmost importance is placed on anaesthetic safety and pain control for each patient.
After being referred from a general veterinary practice, clients should bring with them their animals medical history and any previous radiographs taken at the general practice.
We accept emergency surgery referrals at any time. If a surgical emergency is coming to QVS please contact us on 07 3359 0777 to enhance the preparation time for our surgical team
- Dr David Burgess BVSc (Hons) FANZCVS (Specialist)
- Dr Jason Beck BVSc M VetClStud FANZCVSc (Specialist)
- Dr Richard Eaton-Wells BVSc MANZCVSc (Specialist)
- Dr Lucas Beierer BVSc MACVS MVetSurg DACVS-SA
The surgical service consults week days, generally from 9am to 11am and 3pm to 5pm. Surgeons at QVS happily endeavour to accommodate clients unable to come at these times.
After hours surgery
After hours on call surgical team are always available for all surgeries outside the regular hours of QVS. Patients can be stabilised by Pet Emergency staff and the surgical team called in immediately.
Typical Surgery Referrals
Surgeons are available to advise on all aspects of orthopaedic, soft tissue, spinal and oncological surgery, including –
- Joint replacement and arthrodeses (fusion)
- Simple and complex fracture management
- Congenital limb deformities
- Various joint diseases
- TTA, TPLO and TWO options for cruciate ruptures
- Abdominal and thoracic surgery
- Laparoscopy and thoracoscopy
- Correction of congenital cardiovascular defects
- Portosystemic shunt management
- Reconstructive surgery
- Hernia repair
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Spinal trauma
- Wobbler syndrome
- Lumbosacral disease
Surgical Services are provided by: Eaton Wells Holdings Pty Ltd Abn 84124 703 671,
Veterinary Surgical Services Pty Ltd Abn 37 095 191 521, Dave Burgess Abn 12 381 304 512, Beierer Surgical Specialists Abn 87614599450