It works in much the same way as widely recognised Physiotherapy in human medicine.
Physiotherapists undertake post graduate qualifications in order to specialise in Animal Physiotherapy and work very closely with the Veterinary team and Surgeons to achieve optimum outcomes throughout the rehabilitation phase. The same conditions are assessed and treated with a specialised knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics and rehabilitation.
We provide a thorough initial consultation of 1 hour for full assessment, treatment, laser therapy, acupuncture and home program and are available at the North Lakes and Stafford Hospitals by appointment.
Physiotherapy benefits include:
- Acceleration of rehabilitation process and restoration of function
- Reduction of pain and inflammation
- Improvement of joint range of motion and muscle strength
- Prevention of further movement dysfunctions or injuries
- Optimisation of performance in sport/show
Conditions treated (Much like a human case load):
- Orthopaedic – cruciate ligament/cartilage of knee (stifle); fractures; hip/elbow dysplasia; muscle and tendon injuries, patella luxation
- Neurological – including spinal injury, peripheral nerve
- Pre and Post surgical for any musculoskeletal/neurological condition
- Degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis, geriatric)
- Back pain/ injury
- Soft tissue/ sporting injuries
- Poor conditioning (e.g. following cancer treatments, obesity, cardiovascular)
Please visit www.holisticanimalphysiotherapy.com.au for more information or to make an appointment